An Sean Óstán accommodation is built on the site of the old Glencolmcille Hotel, which opened in 1869.
Some of the hotels original features are on display in the building, including an original fireplace, and the original sign which is displayed outside the building.
Visitors to the Glencolmcille Hotel in the late 1800's often travelled Killybegs by rail and completed their journey to Carrick by horse and carriage. Sadly the railway line is no longer operational, however in attempt to recreate what visitors would have experienced in bygone days, we can offer horse and carriage tours around the scenic roads of Carrick (At an additional coast). These tours run daily in July and August, and can be booked in the gift shop.
A history of the building as well as a collection of old photos is on display throughout the building.